Email marketing is here to stay and its importance seems to have multiplied because of the global pandemic. With social distancing norms in place and people forced to remain indoors to protect themselves from the deadly virus, digital channels have become all the more important for keeping businesses in touch with their customers.
Incidentally, the pandemic has brought about many changes in email marketing. Tone of emails is being tweaked to make them more sensitive to people’s genuine health concerns. The focus is on personalization so that customers feel special; segmenting emails and speaking directly to your buyers is what will make the difference now. If you can use emails to provide relevant and valuable information instead of hard selling your products, you can ensure responsive actions on their part that contributes to your revenues.
How to get started with email marketing in 2020:
- To start with, you will need an email marketing strategy. The truth is that a customer’s inbox is flooded with hundreds of emails every day. So, it is very likely that am email from you can get lost amongst these and even get directed to the recipient’s spam folder. You need to craft emails that people will want to read.
- To do this, you have to identify your target audience. You need to understand what they want and tailor your marketing campaign accordingly.
- You should research email stats for the industry and then set your targets. You can include your business links in the email body or to the the signature box. If you are into a trading business and have been generating good profit you can include the link For example you can include https://coincierge.de/bitcoin-lifestyle if you are into Bitcoin trading using the Bitcoin lifestyle app.
- It is important to make it easy for prospective customers to sign up. Without an email list, you cannot send emails to your target audience. This list comprises of users who have actually given you their permission to send them emails. The list may not be very long when you start off but you can build it up.
- Email campaigns are not the same and choosing the right one for your brand can be challenging. You may be confused whether to use press releases, send weekly newsletters, or share blog posts. The best way forward is to research the various types of email campaigns and choose the one that suits you. You can segment the main list to send different kinds of emails to different mailing lists.
- You should plan a schedule for sending the emails, deciding how often to send mails to your target customers and then sticking to this schedule to ensure that they trust you and remember you.
- Simply sending emails is not enough; you must use tools to assess your progress and measure the results. If you are serious about every marketing metric, you can tweak your mails accordingly to get the best results.
- Building an email list is possible through opt-in forms and lead magnets. So, you can introduce free offers that will attract prospective buyers; in exchange you can request for their mail address. Secondly, you can make an attractive opt-in form so that your prospective buyer’s information can be added to your list. This is done through a catchy headline and attractive design. The form design should be simple and your goal is to ensure that customers willingly provide their details.
- Finally, you must test this yourself to get an idea of the user experience before going live with it. This means double-checking to see if the forms work as intended. Since you must make a genuine impression on the lead, you have to be thorough and professional about it.
Choosing an email marketing provider is the best way to get support for your marketing efforts. Most of them offer features and tools to create effective marketing campaigns to achieve your marketing goals.